Member Spotlight: Ernie Tang
Chapter Officer of Melborne, Australia RedBar
1. What was your introduction to horology?
When I was a small boy, I used to admire my granddad's Rolex Day-Date. Since then I have been deeply fascinated by watches.
2. What was your first watch?
A Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600
3. What fascinates you most about watches and/or horology in general?
The relationship the wearer has with his/her watch. The story behind the watch.
4. What are the kiss, kill, and marry of your collection?
Kiss: Rolex GMT 116718ln
Kill: Panerai PAM251
Marry: IWC QP BP
5. Name one watch that got away.
JLC Navy Seals alarm Boutique edition.
6. What watch do you wear most often?
Rolex GMT 116718ln
7. What is the first thing you notice about a watch?
The person wearing it, if he /she can pull it off. Whether or not its a suitable pairing.
8. How were you introduced to RedBar Group?
A mate of mine named Michael Imbrogno.
9. How has RedBar affected you as a collector?
It has connected me with a lot of people.
10. Outside of collecting how has RedBar impacted your life?
It has found me a few special friends who I spend a decent amount of time hanging out with.